The Shark Vertex Lightweight Cordless Stick Vacuum Cleaner (model IZ462H) is a very popular and extremely fascinating maker. Shark has tossed a host of technology at this unit and it reveals. It has 2 brushrolls, a versatile wand, headlights, a self-cleaning brushroll, a sealed body, and more. We analyzed the various vacuum functions and also ran the Vertex through a host of cleansing tests. We were impressed in numerous methods but there were a few locations that fell a little brief.
– Swappable battery: The battery on the Vertex IZ460H series is swappable, suggesting that it can quickly be removed (by pushing a button) and rapidly re-attached (by merely sliding it back on).
– Tools fit firmly: The tools all “click” into location on the end of the handheld or the wand. They will not fall off when in usage.
– Three charging lights: There are three charging lights constructed into the side of the battery. These inform you just how much charge is left on the battery and are extremely convenient when charging or when utilizing the vacuum. You can simply glance at the lights and understand instantly roughly how much charge stays.
– At-your-fingertips controls: The controls on the vacuum are basic and easy to use. They are likewise very easy to gain access to with your hand near the grip.
– Good run time on hard floorings: In our tests we discovered run times on our tile flooring to be practically 37 minutes in standard power mode (on a completely charged battery) and practically 18 minutes in boost power mode. Of these times were longer than the recommended times published by the manufacturer.
Shark Vertex Lightweight Cordless Stick Vacuum Cleaner
– Handheld is not too heavy: Despite the overall stick vacuum being a little on the heavy side, we discovered the handheld unit to be a reasonable weight at 3.71 pounds. Using the portable did not tire our hand or arm.
– MultiFLEX wand: The wand will pivot at the center. When bent at a 90 degree angle you can get under low furnishings without needing to stoop over much. When bent at a 180 degree angle the unit has the ability to base on its own (which it can not do otherwise) and this is a great setup for storage.
– Swivel cleaner head: The vacuum is simple to turn. By just twisting your wrist the cleaner head can be steered.
– Low profile cleaner head: We measured the top of the cleaner head to be about 3 inches. When attempting to vacuum under low furniture, a low profile cleaner head is useful.
– Sealed system innovation: This guarantees that all of the air entering the vacuum gets travelled through the filters. No unfiltered air escapes through poor seals. When combined with a HEPA filter which the Vertex has) for families with asthma/allergy victims, this is an important feature (especially.
– Rinsable filters: The system has 2 pre-motor filters and 1 post-motor filter (HEPA). All of these are rinsable in water and can be re-used. This cuts down on consumables and ultimately expenses.
– Great pickup on carpet: In our carpet test the Vertex got essentially all of the particles (a minimum of what we could see visually). We likewise made a comparison to the Dyson V10 pickup on carpet and the Vertex was superior.
– Very good pickup on bare floorings: In our bare floor test (tile) the Vertex did a very good task of getting particles. We have had this experience before with DuoClean Technology and it still does not disappoint on bare floorings.
– Self-cleaning brushroll works: We performed a hair test and found that the bulk of the hair wound up in the dust container (where it must be) and there was minimal tangle on the brushroll. While there was still some hair on the brushroll, we can absolutely state that there was less than we have actually seen on other makers without this function.
Shark Vertex Lightweight Cordless Stick Vacuum Cleaner
– Only one battery: While the swappable battery feature is great, the vacuum only features one battery. This negates the primary advantage of having a swappable battery. If you want another you will have to buy it.
– A little heavy: At about 9 lbs this is the heaviest cordless stick vacuum we’ve examined and worked with. However, it is still much lighter than many uprights.
– A little loud: Our noise level tests revealed the Vertex cordless to be one of the louder cordless stick vacs. Much of the sound comes from the cleaner head with the two spinning brushrolls.
– Average edge cleaning: In our edge cleaning test the Vertex did not clean up tight against our baseboards. It left about an inch broad strip of unvacuumed area. In order to tidy up tight against an edge one may have to utilize the crevice tool.
– Average run time on carpet: In our run time test on carpet we only got 20 minutes. We expected a little bit more as the manufacturer suggested the Vertex must get about 23 minutes. However we did the test on medium stack carpet so it is possible that you would get a longer run time on lower stack carpet.
– Smallish dust cylinder: The dust cylinder on this vacuum is a bit small. If you are doing larger area cleansing you will find yourself needing to clear it frequently. However it’s okay for smaller sized area cleansing.
– Pulls forward on carpet: This is a bit nit-picky as the “pulling” isn’t remarkable however you can feel it. Some folks might actually like this, but it does result in the unit being a little harder to draw back (combating against the two spinning brushrolls).
In the following video we walk through all of the device features and we show the many tests that we’ve done. , if you are in the market for one of these units the video is certainly worth a watch.